Course on operational research – The Union / MSF
Organization: The Union (International Union against TB and Lung Disease) / MSF
Training and Capacity Building for Operational Research:
- To build capacity in operational research by product-orientated training
- To maintain and increase the number of operational research fellows
- To establish a global network of research alumni
- To undertake, write up, submit and publish research and viewpoint papers
- To demonstrate how research can impact on policy and practice, improve outcomes and reduce morbidity and mortality
- To develop and maintain the administration unit of the Centre for Operational Research at The Union and MSF
Content / Milestones of the course:
- Three five days module courses over a period of nine months
- Within two weeks of completing Module 2, participants must submit a) their final protocol, b) their completed ethics form and c) their completed electronic data collection tool to the course coordinators.
- Within two months before the start of Module 3, participants must submit evidence of their data collection to course coordinators.
- Within four weeks of completing Module 3, participants must submit their final paper to the selected peer-review journal and provide the course coordinators with the journal’s letter acknowledging receipt of submission
Training Course: Designing and conduction health system research project – IDRC/ WHO
Organization: IDRC / WHO
- a course for learning how to design and conduct health system research (designed as a full-time workshop for 2 weeks, however modules can be used in a flexible way
- for mid- and higher- level managers, health workers and health-related staff, as well as interested researchers
- method: “learning by doing
Volume 1 (2003): “Proposal development and fieldwork”, contains 20 modules: includes all the steps in developing a research protocol (from selection of the research problem up to the utilization of results); guide for fieldwork and preliminary data analysis.
Volume 2 (2003): “Data analysis and report writing”, consists of 13 modules: description of variables, measurement of association, significance tests and report writing; guidelines for the planning and management of HSR workshops and the supervision of fieldwork
Collaborative Programme Training Resource Modules - Alliance for Health Policy & Systems Research
Organization: Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research
- promoting the generation and use of health policy and systems research (HPSR) as a means to improve health and health systems in developing countries.
- developing and harnessing existing methods and approaches to improve both the quality of research and its ultimate uptake.
- general introduction: improving equity and development in health through research
- setting priorities for health research
- practical steps and critical issues, critical analysis of experience.